The coronavirus instances in the country increased to 31 from 22 from Saturday to Sunday. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, in its Twitter handle on Sunday, said the instances comprised 22 in one in Oyo State, Lagos State, four at the Federal Capital Territory and one in Ekiti State. The centre said the two in Ogun State, including the index instance that was Italian, had tested negative and had been discharged. On Sunday, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar At 11:32 pm tweeted that one of his sons had tested positive for this disease.
The NCDC stated, “Three new cases of #COVID19 have been confirmed in Lagos, Nigeria. Two cases are arriving travellers and one is a contact with a confirmed case. As pm on the 22nd of March, you will find 30 confirmed cases of. Two have now been discharged with no deaths.”Nigeria recorded its first coronavirus situation.
On February 27, when an Italian has been diagnosed with the illness. The instances rose with the majority of the people being returnees from Europe and the United States to 12. On Saturday, the cases climbed with Abuja to 22 documenting its first cases. It said that the cases contained 19 in Lagos; four in the FCT; one in Ekiti; one in Oyo and two in Ogun. But on Sunday evening, the amount increased with Atiku’s kid who tested positive and three instances in Lagos State to 31.
On Sunday night former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar said among his sons had tested positive for Covid19. Atiku, who was the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party at the last election said this in a tweet on Sunday night. The stated his son had been moved into the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada. @NCDCGov has been informed, and he’s been transferred to Gwagwalada Specialist Teaching Hospital at Abuja for management and treatment.
“I will appreciate it if you have him in your prayers. Stay secure coronavirus is actual.”Aisha Buhari, the President’s wife, had last week tweeted that was at self-isolationStay at home, Lagos informs civil servants. The Lagos State Government, as a component of efforts to curb the spread of this illness, on Sunday led civil servants from tier level one to 12 to work from home starting from today (Monday).
The state Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, at a media conference, said the order would endure for an initial period of 14 days. He commended Lagosians, that abiding by the state administration’s directive that prohibited a gathering of 50 people but cautioned.
He said, “In addition to this order, I am now also directing all public officials from grade 1 to 12 in the whole unified public help, which includes 70 per cent of our workforce, to stay at home out of Monday, March 23 for 14 days at the very first case.”We will shut down clubs, religious groups exceeding our directive –Lagos govCaution citizens against violating directive on mass gatherings, the governor stated, “Whether it’s a facility – be it an event centre, be it a cinema, a restaurant, a bar house or even a spiritual gathering — that does not obverse it, the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency has the power to shut down this type of centre.”Lagos dedicates Mainland Hospital to COVID-19 patients alone.
The governor stated other wellness facilities would be updated to support the Infectious Disease Hospital. “We have evacuated other patients out of that hospital (Lagos Mainland Hospital, Yaba) and hence the hospital is going to be locked down only for its COVID-19 cases independently,” he said. Lagos to remember retired physicians, nurses, besides, he suggested that the condition would remember medical workers to strengthen the number of employees required for the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
The governor stated, “As a part of our approaches to fortify our efforts, more health workers are also being trained and we’ve put a few of our retired nurses and physicians on notice. They will come to support health personnel who are working tirelessly at this moment.
“Briton, American among Lagos new instances While affirming the new cases recorded in Lagos on Sunday, the Lagos State Ministry of Health on its own Twitter manages @LSMOH tweeted that, “One of those 3 new patients is currently a 51-year-old Briton, that came Nigeria March 8 through BA75 flight, although the second is a Nigerian on connecting flight KL0582 London Amsterdam/KL0587 Amsterdam — Lagos March 14.
The nation Director-General, Office of Education Quality Assurance, Mrs Abiola Seriki-Ayeni, urged public and private schools in the country to adhere strictly to the directives of the state government on the close of schools. Seriki-Ayeni, in a statement on Sunday, said ha been rigorously mandated to monitor compliance with the state government’s directives to stop the spread of their COVID-19. Oyo records the first Instance, UK returnee kept isolation Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, confirmed the case.
He said when his evaluation result was released was confirmed positive. Makinde also stated, “A follow-up on the Ekiti COVID-19 case revealed that the dead person has been picked up right from Lagos Airport into a private apartment in Ona Ara Local Government Area. Last week, a motorist, that conveyed his Nigerian companion and an American was diagnosed with the disease in Ekiti State.
While his companion examined negative, the American expired in Ekiti State. The three of them were said to have remained in Ibadan for 10 days. Makinde on Sunday stated a returnee in Texas, USA, had been identified at Oluyole Local Government Area of the state. “She’s been retained in self-isolation with close monitoring by the country epidemiological staff,” he said. Ekiti case in the stable state –Health commissioner The Ekiti State Commissioner for Health,
Dr Mojisola Yaya-Kolade said that the individual who tested positive to coronavirus from the state was in a secure condition. Yaya-Kolade said the patient’s ailment” is quite stable, temperature regular and all very important signs acceptable. The commissioner said the contacts with the American, who was isolated, were in stable condition. Ogun lauds physician who guessed COVID-19 in Italian Ogun State Government on Sunday valued a female doctor, Dr Karen Allison, who guessed COVID-19 in the index case.
The state government, in a statement by the Ogun State Commissioner for Health, Dr Tomi Coker, said, “An increased index of suspicion, among frontline health workers such as Dr Amarachukwu Allison who suspected COVID-19 in the Italian; personal health care providers are of keen note in this since they were the primary port of touch for sixty per cent of their populace.
“But the Living Faith Church Worldwide, Ota, Ogun State held bodily solutions despite the orders. Adeboye through the service stated after His point had been proven by God coronavirus would subside. The 78-year-old cleric said, throughout his sermon from Dove TV, which had been broadcast to all members of the church via Social Media channels’ studio, that the entire world was on mandatory vacation.
Daystar Christian Centre also complied with the directive of all the Lagos State Government. Its services shown on tv stations and were streamed online via Facebook webpage and its website. Also, Olukoya’s church broadcast a sermon via its networking channels to its members. The church, afterwards in a movie revealed an empty auditorium of the headquarters of the church. It worried ‘physical’ service was held at the auditorium on Sunday, adding that the church wouldn’t flout the directives of its host — Lagos State Government.
Our correspondents accumulated that its branches, which had over 50 members while branches with less than 50 members held solutions as usual but preserved hygiene practices were divided by the Deeper Christian Life Ministry. Oyedepo holds bodily service, despite orders, However, the Living Faith Church Worldwide, Ota, Ogun State and Dunamis Church International, Abuja held. The Presiding Bishop of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, David Oyedepo, directed the’ providers in Ota.
One of our correspondents, who monitored the service via the YouTube channel of the church, observed that thousands of worshipers gathered in the church auditorium. Oyedepo led the team in prayers previous his sermon titled “Winning the war against coronavirus”.He said, “Based on the way we have prayed, the siege is over. The identical way Ebola went away, this is moving away.
The same God that helped us that time is still living, ”he will help us.”The church had in a memo written by the First Vice President of the LFC, Bishop David Abioye and dated, requested branches of the church all around the world to obey restriction orders within their locations. However, one of our correspondents accumulated that another memo has been issued requesting members to return to a church service.
The first memo read, “In light of the spread of COVID-19 pandemic across the globe which has necessitated the temporary shutdown of actions within nations of the world to curb its further spread, all stations are hereby advised that the mothers’ Day celebration earlier scheduled for Sunday, 22nd March is postponed forever.” For this result, every assembly should take necessary precaution.
“One of our correspondents, who was one of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, Ota, gathered that the church held five separate services in attendance. The commander of this state Task Force on bulk gathering, Toyin Afolaogun led his group for flouting the directive to distribute worshippers in some of the churches. Afolaogun said his task force got to the Winners’ Chapel in Abeokuta at about 6:30 am when countless worshippers, who had assembled preparatory to an early morning ceremony, were dispersed.
He said the worshippers were advised to hold a service only if they would comply restricting the number of worshippers. Afolaogun said, “We have listed about 80 per cent compliance. The church, which did not comply, we politely told them to comply accordingly.”Security agencies will do the needful on non-complying churches, mosques –Ogun govt but the Special Adviser to the state Governor on Public Communications, Remmy Hazzan, said the security agencies were ordered to enforce discipline. Hazzan, in a meeting with one of our correspondents, said, “The various security agencies would do the needful in the circumstance.
“When asked exactly what the state government would do for those who flouted its purchase, Hazzan said, “What I’m saying is that will carry out the enforcement of this purchase.”Having been defied with this kind of flagrant disregard for public order and security, the task force will have no option but to look inward and find a way to make certain that this type of behaviour doesn’t establish a precedent for further disregard of this order.
By that I mean the necessary thing will be done in this situaion. What it is in specific, I do not know, but something will be done.”Dunamis Church International detected a physical service in its 100,000-seater capacity Glory Dome auditorium along Airport Road in Abuja. The church-based and overseen by Paul Enenche along with his wife, Becky Enenche, tagged the ceremony “Sensitisation Service” and launch accounts details for “Online Offerings”.Abuja churches defy FCTA band aside from Dunamis, their services were maintained by many churches in Abuja with hundreds and tens of thousands of worshippers in attendance by the FCTA.
Churches monitored in Kubwa by one of our correspondents, Jabi and Gwarinpa regions were filled as standard and their solutions held for the standard duration. More than 20 churches were counted by the correspondent along the Arab Road, Kubwa, which opened Sunday using the standard inflow of worshippers.
The Dunamis International Church was comprised by the churches, and also Chikakore, the Champions Church, having some of the largest congregations in the Region. A worshipper, Mr Elijah Martins, said because he thought Abuja was not as vulnerable because the South-West states, he chose to go despite the FCTA limitations to church. He said, “We must go to markets and buy food items despite the FCTA order. I think Abuja hasn’t got to this stage and we pray it doesn’t. As you can see, most churches are open and there’s not any fear.
“I may not come another Sunday in case the situation worsens, but we’re praying it doesn’t reach that dreadful level.”Our correspondent observed that churches supplied hand sanitizer and attempted to make sure that individuals did not engage in physical contacts. Also, the Senior Pastor of Zion Assembly, Abuja Fatoyinbo’s Commonwealth, encouraged members of his church for a ‘physical’ worship service on Sunday, March 22.
But one of those correspondents learnt that Fatoyinbo, who came under scathing criticisms from societal media users, didn’t broadcast the ceremony online. Meanwhile, health workers at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital have voiced the fear over coronavirus patient’s presence. One of the doctors who spoke on condition of anonymity said the fact that they would have to cater to the patients shocked them because of the nature of the virus.
A task force increased by Osun State Government on Sunday throughout the country dispersed worshippers that accumulated for the service. The authorities had originally placed the ban on a gathering of individuals above 50 but Saturday, it declared a total ban on public gatherings.
During visits to some churches in Osogbo metropolis on Sunday, it had been observed while at some churches, services were held that the directive was complied with by churches. As church employees had come at the premises as early as 6:30 am to return worshippers at Osun State Headquarters of Living Religion, Osogbo, Oke Oniti, there was complete compliance with the ban.
But Oke Fia, in Sacred Heart Catholic Church worshippers attended mass in batches of over 50 people simultaneously. The nation’s Task Force, which enforced the ban in Osogbo, dispersed worshippers Agbala Temidayo, in Christ Apostolic Church, Ile Idande, Osogbo. Kwara tells workers to stay at home additionally, the Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, in a statement on Sunday, directed by civil servants in the country to work from their homes.
The governor said, “Apart from Ministry of health and essential workers, all civil servants are to work from the house till further notice. He explained all gatherings of more than 25 people should be discouraged until further notice.”IGP orders authorities to enforce social restriction compliance.
Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has directed zonal Assistant inspectors-general of police and state police commissioners to strictly enforce the directives within their authority. The IG asked the officers not to condone the detention of suspects and cases of arrests.
The statement said, “Against the backdrop of this COVID-19 global health hazard and the following social restriction orders imposed by authorities at all levels to empower its containment, the IG while enjoining citizens to voluntarily adhere to the orders, spreads all zonal assistant inspectors-general of authorities and commissioners of Police nationwide to ensure that all legitimate orders given in according to the containment efforts are rigorously enforced within their areas of jurisdiction.”He reiterated that detention of suspects must be reduced to the barest minimum and that only cases like terrorism, armed robbery, homicide and offences should justify detention.